Step by Step Singpass Online Registration Procedure, Singpass Application Status, Forgot Singpass Password Reset, Setup 2FA Reset at www.singpass.gov.sg and what are the documents needed for Sing pass Signup…..
A SingPass is the ID and password that is used to access various government services in the nation. The password permits the user to work online with different government agencies. Sing pass gives you personal access and a gateway to the thousands of digital services offered by the government. This system is controlled by the government technology agency thus, for you to connect and perform any transaction with the government you only need to use this one password.
Every country has its own way of doing things. No country operates like the other and especially when it comes to immigration, running government agencies, personal registration and many more. When it comes to the government of Singapore, they have recently launched a new Personal Access known as Singpass.
What is Singpass
This is Singapore Personal Access that was launched in March 2003. This allows users to conduct business with more than sixty government agencies online securely and easily. Singpass is governed by GovTech (Government Technology Agency), which regularly reviews the Signpass system.
There are many different ongoing security enhancements that ensure there is a safe SingPass service delivery to all SingPass users. Singpass has been enhanced over the years to include an enhanced user interface, stronger security capabilities and mobile-friendly features. This has led to the development of a 2-Step Verification which is also reffered to as 2FA for digital transactions such as sensitive data.
Enhanced Sing Pass
On Sunday July 5th, an enhanced SingPass was officially rolled out. The enhanced SingPass has stronger capabilities, mobile-friendly features and improved user interface. However, for the user to be able to enjoy the new enhanced SingPass features, they have to sign up.
Sing Pass allows the user to check CPF (Central Provident Fund) account balances, apply for public housing and filing taxes as well. The features of SingPass are being used by over 60 government agencies. There are more than 3 Million Singapore residents using Sing Pass website transacting about 60 million transactions every year with SingPass.
The Sing Pass system is managed by a government authority known as Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore which reviews it on regular basis. Security enhancements are added constantly to ensure there is better protection of user’s personal data.
There has been great rise of cyber threats not only in Singapore but also worldwide. This means security measures for SingPass must be upgraded regularly to keep up with these threats.
SingPass system drew attention in 2014 June when more than 1500 accounts were discovered to have been potentially compromised. These accounts had been accessed without permission by the user. This has ceased since then.
Step-by-step of Registering in www.singpass.gov.sg website
For you to qualify to own a Sing Pass account, you must be a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident and must be 15 years old and above. You should also have all the required documents in place before submitting your application.
There are two main ways of registering a SingPass account. Either online or through in person. When registering an account online, the following procedure should be followed.
- Click on the website: (https://www.signpass.gov.sg/singpass/regiter/registerinstructions).
- Read the instructions carefully. Then tap on ‘the term of use’ box then the ‘register now’ icon to proceed to Form.
- Redirection: you will then be forwarded to the page that will give you instructions of everything that is needed before starting the application process.
- Key in the NRIC Number: If you are a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident you use the NRIC number while pass holders use FIN number.
- Key in the correct date of issue: This is the date you received your Pass or NRIC. This is encrypted at the back of your card. Key in your verification code and submit the necessary details.
- Fill the form: Make sure you fill all the compulsory details stated on the form. Once this is done, Click ‘Submit’ button.
- Wait for the password: this is usually sent to you via mail within a span of four days. However, if your account is outside Singapore, the mail might take longer than 4 days to reach you.
This process takes about three to five minutes only to complete and it is hassle-free. Below are the required documents when applying for SingPass.
|When applying for SingPass||Requirements for SCDF|
|NRC||A passport with Re-Entry Permit|
|Singapore Driving License||WP Card or Long Term Pass Card|
|Singapore Passport||S Pass, qualifying Work Permit, Entry Pass, or a Pass|
|–||LTVP+ (Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus Card|
Points to note before registering for a Sing Pass account
- You are only allowed to register once for a SingPass Account. Once you have sent an account request, it is final. This means it can neither be cancelled nor re-submitted.
- Since the SingPass password is mailed directly to your local registered address, kindly ensure you update the address you have registered with the government before proceeding.
How to Signup Online Singpass Registration at www.singpass.gov.sg
Singpass online registration account is done once and the all the request for the account are final they cannot be cancelled or resubmitted. It’s always advisable to ensure that your address that is registered with the government is updated and correct before initiating any proceeding. This is because the password is received via email.
In order for you to qualify to apply for sing pass ID and password and be allowed to perform government transaction you need to have attained the age of 15 yrs old.
The process of applying for sing pass account is the same for both overseas and the local users. There are two ways of applying sing pass registration. You can do it online or offline at sing pass counters.
Sing Pass Online registration at singpass.gov.sg
Open the website and you will see a box written “register now” you click the button. At that point you require the National Registration Identity Card, or the Foreign Identification Number to register for sing pass. For confirmation and clarity regarding the registration you can send an email to the email@example.com and you will be accorded any help you require. Direct Link for SingPass Online Application Form https://www.singpass.gov.sg/singpass/register/personaldetails
SingPass Offline registration
- To access the off registration you need to visit the nearest sing pass counter.
- You are required to carry with you the valid documents for verification.
- At the counter you will find officials who will offer you any assistance and guidance you need to fill in the sing pass registration form.
- This registration is done once and it cannot be changed nor cancelled.
- Always ensure that you are observing keenness and putting the correct details while filling in the forms.
- Once you are done with registration, a sing pass ID and password will be created and sent to you through your local address.
- It’s good to check well and ensure the details including your address entered in the registration form are correct.
What we get in singpass.gov.sg website
Sing pass registration is very important since once you login you are able to access more government services. This includes checking the account balances of central provident fund, applying for public housing and filing the taxes. This works well and it’s more convenient. The systems are reviewed on a regular basis and the security is enhanced more often to ensure the personal data is well safeguarded.
The sing pass website features a simpler design and border. This displays clear directives and tool-tips. The security codes are also clear providing greater ease of use to the residents.
It offers greater convenience, the users who already got their sing pass they can reset singpass password online through their mobile phones. This is done immediately; they are also able to view their account through the mobile phone without visiting any office.
What are the Documents required to register in sing pass website
There are several documents that you are required to present at the sing pass counter or upload online to facilitate the registration. For the Singapore citizens they require the passport, driving license and NRIC. The permanent residents they require the following identity documents: NIRC, passport with re-entry permit, Singapore driving license.
- The national service personnel requires: NRIC, National service Ids, driving license and passport.
- For passport holders requires submitting the following documents: Pass-card that is long term, a valid pass from the ministry of manpower and a passport. For the others they require to submit a pass card/ passport and a valid pass.
- To check on the status of application for your sing pass account, visit the sing pass website and enter the reference ID number given to you during the registration on the “check application” status.
- You can visit the sing pass counter with the reference ID sent to your email and they will check for you the status. You can also choose to call the help line desk.
How to enhance your SingPass account
To enhance your SingPass account and receive the new upgraded SingPass that is mobile-friendly and improved user interface. Follow the following procedure.
- Visit www.singpass.gov.sg and sign in with your present username and SingPass password.
- First update your SingPass account. Then provide and verify your contact details and then set up not less than two security questions.
- Once this is done, you can now set up 2-step verification.
- Users can either request for OneKeyToken or SMS notifications.
- Users who choose a token will get it followed with a separate pin password mailed to them within five working days.
- Once the user receives this, they will have to link them to their account by signing in then they will be expected to register the token with their account.
- A user who has an existing OneKey token can link it to their personal account immediately once they have launched the enhanced SingPass.
Point to note
Without the enhanced SingPass account, it might be difficult to access government e-services including sensitive data. For that reason, upgrading your account is very important if you want to continue receiving the right services from the government.
How to set up 2FA in www.singpass.gov.sg
In order to protect your personal data better, you will need a SingPass 2-Step Verification which is also known as 2FA. This is only needed to certain government digital transactions which involve sensitive data. These transactions include: IRAS Tax Filling, ICA-related transactions, Accessing CPF Statement and many more. This means, other than your SignPass Identity and password, you will also require to key in an OPT (One-Time Password).An OPT is either generated through a given OneKey token or sent via a Short Message to your Singapore-registered cell number. For Singaporeans living overseas who don’t have a Singapore-registered cell number, kindly follow the following procedure to set up a OneKey Token 2FA.
- Log in to your existing SingPass account and tap on “Set Up 2-Step Verification” below the ‘Quick Links’ section.
- Next, tap on “Verification by OneKey token” then confirm your registered address displaying on the screen.
- A token and a Pin mailer will separately be set to your registered address in as span of seven days for Singapore address or ten days in case of oversees address.
- To activate your One Key Token follow the instructions given in your PIN mailer.
If the Pin mailer wasn’t sent to you or you accidentally lose it, send an email requesting for a one to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A SingPass 2-Step Verification is an important tool and anyone with a SingPass account should ensure they get a 2-Step Verification as well. This is one of the best ways of ensuring your personal data on SingPass account is not tampered with. It also makes it easy for you to retrieve your password in case you forget it. A Sing Pass 2-Step Verification is also very convenient and it also makes it possible to view your account history and any other changes done.
How to Reset Singpass password or Forgot Singpass Password
SingPass is a very important platform for any Singaporean. It is therefore important to learn how to retrieve your password or Login ID in case you have forgotten it. It is normal to forget your SingPass ID and password.
If you always spend more than three years without using or accessing your SingPass account, it will automatically reset. This means, you will need to retrieve it for you to access your account. Below are simple steps to follow to reset your login Identity.
Resetting a forgotten ID
- The Sing Pass Login ID is a user’s FIN or NRIC by default. If you are a permanent Resident in Singapore or a Singaporean citizen, your FIN or NRIC number is automatically your SingPass ID. In some cases, applicants can use their CPFB as their SingPass ID.
- For applicants with an S-Pass or a work permit or a personalized employment pass, then your Foreign Identification Number (FIN) will be your default SingPass ID.
- You can retrieve your forgotten ID by visiting the SingPass website, and then you click the ‘Retrieve SingPass ID’ icon. You will be prompted to key-in certain fields of information. Once the information you have keyed-in is verified, you will receive your new ID either as an SMS sent to your registered cell number or mailed to your local email address.
- You can also opt to visit the nearest SingPass counter and request them to assist you retrieve your ID. Make sure you take with you the required documents for verification purposes. Once the verification process is complete, they will issue you with your login ID.
Resetting your forgotten password
There are three major ways or resetting your forgotten password. These are:
1. Offline Reset
You can opt to have an offline password reset by visiting the nearest SingPass counter and request them to issue you with a new password. You will be expected to provide some particular documents for verification purposes. Once your documents have been verified, your new password will be issued to you at the counter.
2. Online Reset
You can reset or change your password online by clicking the ‘Change My Password’ icon available on the SingPass website. A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to you via your email ID or a registered mobile number.
Once you have authenticated the OTP, you can now enter your new password. The newly generated password will be sent to your registered address via mail. You should receive your new password within four working days from the day of application.
It is important to note that the One Time Password is valid for 2 minutes only. Therefore it ought to be verified within this period. If you fail to verify the OTP within the given time frame, you will be forced to repeat the process all over again.
Singpass Setup 2FA reset
If you have your 2-Step Verification set up, you can reset your password online immediately. For you to automatically reset your password online, through 2FA, visit www.singpass.gov.sg and then click on ‘Menu’ followed by ‘Reset Password’. This can be available under the ‘Services’ tab.
Once you have filled in all the necessary fields of information, and you have received verified the OTP generated, you can now enter your new password. The password will be reset immediately.
Points to note
- Your new password must be 8-24 characters long. It must contain a number, capital letter and a special character.
- The new password should also not match any of your last 5 passwords and should not match your Login ID.
- Your password should also not be easily predictable, for example, your telephone number or your birthday.
How to check Singpass application status by using NRIC or FIN Number
Before getting to the process of checking your application status, it is important to first understand how application is done. Make sure you have filled all the necessary information and attached the required documents.Once this is done, you can confirm your Singpass application status by using NRIC or FIN Number by visiting the SingPass portal. Click the ‘Check Application Status icon and enter your Reference ID. Your Reference ID is found in the confirmation sent to you through your email after completing the Sing Pass application procedure. Once you’ve done all this, key in the request date and submit.
You can also confirm your application by visiting the nearest SingPass office or giving them a call if need be. You can also to them through email@example.com if you have any more queries.